Would Dad Like a Dental Gift for Father’s Day?
- June 14, 2018
With only a few days until Father’s Day (June 17), do you know what you’re getting your dad? We know it can be tough. Maybe dad has a tie in every color, more gadgets than he knows what to do with, and a grill set-up with all he needs. Sure, you could get him a “World’s Greatest Dad” coffee mug. But what about a dental gift instead?
If you gift him with a dental procedure to improve his teeth, dad will think of you every time he smiles. Or if he really goes for gadgets, consider giving him a dental gift to improve his oral hygiene.
Just in time for Father’s Day, here is a list of suggestions from Dr. Thomas Peltzer. Call Gentle Dental Care at 860-479-2397 if you’re interested in getting a dental gift for dad. We’ll be happy to discuss payment and all the other details with you.
Gadget-Loving Dads Will Like a Bluetooth Toothbrush
For oral hygiene with a technological twist, dad might like a snazzy, Bluetooth-enabled toothbrush. You can buy a popular one from the Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries on Amazon for under $100. Dad can connect his brush to his smartphone where it will interact with an app that offers tips to improve his brushing technique. He can also experiment with different settings to suit his smile, such as ones that provide enhanced whitening or extra gum stimulation. A sensor lights up if dad brushes too hard, which can damage his teeth and gums.
Help Dad Hide His Smile Flaws
Like most of us, dad probably has things about his smile he’d like to change. He may have been putting it off because there have always been “more important” things to purchase – many of which have been related to making his family’s lives better. Go ahead and treat dad to cosmetic dentistry procedures that will give him a smile he’s proud to show off.
If dad has flaws like chips, gaps, stains, or worn-down teeth, our Plainville, CT dentist office offers several cosmetic dental options for concealing them:
- Dental veneers. Dr. Peltzer can apply ultra-thin porcelain or ceramic veneers to the front surfaces of teeth, where they hide a multitude of flaws. Because they’re custom-made using impressions of his teeth, they will look natural in dad’s smile. They are stain resistant and will last for many years.
- Dental bonding. In this affordable process, Dr. Peltzer applies tooth-colored resin to teeth to hide flaws. The treatment can be completed in a single appointment and is reversible.
- Cosmetic crowns. Because they cover the entire tooth, crowns can hide even extensive damage like severe decay, cracks, or breaks. They are usually the best choice for teeth that need to withstand chewing force.
Choose From More Cosmetic Dental Treatments for Dad
Maybe dad just needs a small smile improvement or two. These affordable treatments are quick and easy. They’ll make a subtle but significant difference in how dad’s smile looks.
- Gum reshaping. If dad has an uneven gumline or excess tissue is giving him a “gummy” smile, Dr. Peltzer can use a laser to painlessly improve the appearance of gums.
- Teeth recontouring. Dr. Peltzer gently removes tiny amounts of tooth enamel to correct minor chips, uneven edges, overly pointy canines, or oddly shaped teeth.
- Teeth whitening. Give dad a brighter smile! He can relax while we do the whitening work in our Plainville, CT dentist office and get a smile that is several shades brighter in under two hours. Or we can supply him with professional-strength gel and custom-made whitening trays to use at home for more gradual whitening.
Give Dad Orthodontic Aligners for a Straight Smile
Has dad gone through life with misaligned teeth? Or like some folks who wore braces as a kid, have his teeth shifted out of their straight position over the years? He could be a great candidate for orthodontic aligners.
There are no metal and wires to remind him of his middle-school years – maybe not all that fondly. Since the aligners are practically invisible, it’s likely no one will even realize he’s straightening his teeth. He can take out the aligners for meals, which means no worries about food getting caught in braces. In addition, aligners typically straighten teeth more quickly than braces.
Whether or not you get dad a dental gift, we hope you both have a great Father’s Day! If there is anything we can do to help, call Gentle Dental Care at 860-479-2397.