Get A Celebrity Smile With Dental Veneers
- November 17, 2017
When an actress is on the red carpet, the first thing you’re most likely to notice after the gown is her beautiful smile.
So how do Hollywood’s hottest stars get such perfect teeth? The answer is often dental veneers! This popular cosmetic dentistry treatment is a way to address many dental imperfections — from chipped teeth to discoloration and other irregularities — with just one procedure.
At Gentle Dental Care, we’re committed to high-quality care and excellent results!
What Are Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer is a thin piece of porcelain or composite material that’s custom-made to look like a healthier version of your natural tooth. Once it’s made, we bond it to your tooth to conceal dental imperfections. It’s a great way to quickly address flaws such as:
- Discoloration, particularly intrinsic staining. Discoloration that happens beneath the surface of the tooth cannot be remedied with teeth bleaching treatments. So, covering up a dull or graying tooth is sometimes the best course of action.
- Misshapen teeth. If an oddly shaped tooth is distracting from your smile, a dental veneer can give it a more appealing appearance.
- Irregularly spaced teeth or gapped teeth. Dental veneers will help you achieve consistency across the size and shape of your teeth. This will help eliminate gaps and spaces in your smile. In fact, dental veneers are sometimes referred to as “instant orthodontics!”
- Worn down teeth. Years of bruxism, or the grinding of teeth, can take a toll on the appearance of your smile.
- Cracked or chipped teeth. In addition to their cosmetic benefits, dental veneers can strengthen and support damaged teeth.
You can get a single dental veneer placed, or you can cover all of your teeth — it’s up to you! According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the majority of patients get four or more dental veneers placed in a single visit. Roughly one in five gets dental veneers placed on their entire “smile zone,” or all the teeth that are visible when they smile!
What Is The Process For Placing A Dental Veneer?
At Gentle Dental Care, and we’re proud to offer durable and stain-resistant e.max dental veneers.
These are thinner than traditional all-porcelain dental veneers, which require the removal of sometimes extensive amounts of tooth enamel.
With e.max dental veneers, you’ll experience minimal preparation of the tooth. Because of this, you’ll be able to have a beautiful new smile in just a few visits.
During your initial consultation, we’ll talk with you about your smile goals: What do you wish your smile looked like? What are you self-conscious about?
Based on this discussion, Dr. Peltzer will help you determine whether dental veneers are the best way to achieve your ideal smile. We’ll also take some x-rays during this appointment.
When you come back for your second visit, we’ll prepare your teeth for your dental veneers. We’ll numb the area with a local anesthetic, and then Dr. Peltzer will gently remove a small amount of your enamel. You won’t lose much at all, just enough to accommodate the thin dental veneer.
Then, we’ll take some impressions of your newly prepared teeth. We’ll send these to a lab, which will make your dental veneers to your exact specifications. In just a week or two, your custom-made dental veneers will be sent back to our office.
Finally, we’ll place your dental veneers. To do this, Dr. Peltzer uses a special cement to bond each veneer in place. He’ll then cure or harden the cement with a special light.
After the final adjustments are made, you’ll be able to leave our office with a brand new smile and a renewed sense of confidence! We’ll also follow up with you a few weeks after placing your dental veneers, just to make sure you’re completely happy with the results.
Am I A Good Candidate For Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers have helped countless people enhance the appearance of their smiles! But of course, the only way to know for sure whether they’re appropriate for you and your smile goals is to consult with a dental professional.
For dental veneers and all your cosmetic dentistry needs, consider Gentle Dental Care! We pride ourselves on providing high-quality, comfortable, patient-centered dental care.