Oral Surgery Procedures From Plainville, CT Dentist Office
What is oral surgery? As part of our commitment to providing comprehensive dentistry in one location, Gentle Dental Care offers many oral surgery procedures and solutions, all with the option of IV sedation for your peace of mind and comfort. Sedation dentistry, or “sleep” dentistry, enables us to complete more dental work in one appointment. Not only will you not remember your procedure afterward, but you also will appreciate the convenience of fewer visits.
In our practice, we have two surgical operatories. Those operatories are used for oral surgery, more advanced dental treatments and wisdom tooth extractions. We do anesthesia and sedation of all levels in those operatories. They are specifically geared and equipped with monitors and everything necessary to make a procedure as maximally safe as possible. I have had a tremendous amount of training and skilled training experience with all levels of oral surgery in terms of tooth removal, gum therapy that may be necessary cosmetically, implants, placing of implants is actually oral surgery and then all the way to taking teeth out that patients typically would be, by other offices, referred to an oral surgeon. There is absolutely no need for that in this office because we can do that and we love it and we have zero problems with it basically and I’ve just done so many, it’s like, great, I’ve got four wisdom teeth to do in twenty minutes and the patients are happy afterwards, particularly if they’ve had sedation because they haven’t experienced it, they’ve been asleep. People worry about dry sockets and they worry about complications and swelling and we are able to minimize those things to virtually zero basically with the procedures, kind gentle procedures, careful surgical technique, appropriate use of antibiotics if needed, appropriate medications to decrease swelling, starting them on pain medications early, sometimes starting on antibiotics to eliminate infection before the procedure is done so that the chances of complications after the procedure are minimal. So, often times people are a little bit sore after a complicated wisdom tooth extraction and they understand that’s normal but often times they say to us, “it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be”.
Plainville, CT dentist, Dr. Thomas Peltzer is a highly qualified professional, with the training and experience to perform oral surgery and administer the full range of sedation, from nitrous oxide to IV sedation. He and our team are dedicated to excellence in all dental procedures while making sure you are educated, informed, and at ease through each visit. Here are some of the dental oral surgery procedures we have available:
- Extractions – Perform simple extractions, complex or surgical extractions, and wisdom teeth removal. Multiple extractions can be done at once to prepare for tooth replacement.
- Dental Implants – Surgically place implants and restore with crowns, bridges, and implant-supported or implant-retained dentures. You can get it all done in one location!
- Abscess Treatment – Lance and drain abscess, provide oral or IV antibiotics, and provide aftercare instructions to prevent further infection and inflammation.
- Laser Surgery – Very versatile and precise surgical method that is less invasive, less painful, causes less bleeding, and preserves more healthy tissue. It is a preferred alternative to using a drill or scalpel in many procedures.
- Sinus Lift – Adds bone mass to the upper jaw, lifting the sinus so that implants can be placed. This is achieved by performing a bone graft under the sinus membrane.
- Bone Graft – Adds bone mass to areas that need reinforcement to support successful dental implants.
- Gum Graft – Used to repair gums that have receded, or to cosmetically enhance the appearance of your smile.
- IV Antibiotics – Administered to quickly fight infection and reduce swelling. Available in-office, so you will not have to go to the hospital.
We have everything you need for complete dental care and oral surgery from Plainville, CT dentist at Gentle Dental Care. Schedule your surgery with confidence, knowing you are in the hands of an expert and a caring, highly skilled team of professionals. Call for an appointment at 860-479-2397, or use our online form to contact us today!
GET OUR FREE E-BOOK
In pain? Let us help! Fill out the form below for more information on achieving great oral health!